Authors » Art In Microtechnology Award
The aesthetic value of scientific images has been critical to inspiring many researchers. Images can become iconic symbols of science, engineering, and of the scientific thought process. Striking images can also encourage public discussion about science and engineering.
To highlight the importance of images to the field of MEMS, submissions are sought from the MEMS community. The entries will be judged both from a technological and artistic point of view by a panel of judges, and winners will be selected.
- Submission deadline: 16 January 2023 at 14:00 Central European Time (CET).
- The entry must be an illustration, photograph or micrograph of a system or device of interest to the MEMS community. The image is NOT required to appear in the final manuscript of the MEMS paper or in a presentation given at the MEMS conference.
- Contestants may enter as many images as they like. Combine multiple entry slides into a single file.
- Contestants must be registered conference attendees.
- Contestants must be an author/co-author of the image.
- Images must be submitted as a PPTX file ending in .pptx, using the slide template provided.
- Submissions should be original captures or compositions. Normally the contestant, or the contestant's employer, should be the copyright holder of the image(s) used.
- Entries are submitted on the basis that they may be used by the conference organizers for promotional purposes in any form